Guidelines on how bugs should be reported.
The higher quality the bug report, the more chance the defect will be identified, fixed and re-tested. Giving stakeholders - such as developers, testers and account managers - as much information as possible means that they can work more effectively at identifying and fixing the bug whilst considering anything else any fix might impact.
The Anatomy of a bug
- Write a summary of the bug (try to pinpoint it as much as possible)
- Mention the URL where this bug occurs, if applicable
- Screenshot(s) or videos of the issue (Gyazo is useful).
- Advice on how to replicate the bug
- What is happening and what did you expect to happen
- What browser and version you are using (Please mention if you've checked it in other browsers as well)
- What mobile device you are using, if applicable